Dr. Mac, Taylor & Megan are pleased to offer Bulkamid™, a less invasive treatment option to help improve your symptoms of Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI).
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) is the most common form of incontinence in women effecting 1 in 3 Women. SUI occurs when the pelvic floor muscles are weakened, stretched, or damaged. Thus, the result is urine leakage during activities such as exercising, laughing, sneezing, coughing etc. In some cases, urine may also leak during less strenuous activities such as walking, standing, or sitting up. The amount of urine leaking can range from a few drops to tablespoons or more. Many women find that the symptoms of SUI get in the way of living a normal life.
Ask yourself if SUI Is Preventing you from daily activities, stopping you from exercising, and/or making you feel uncomfortable or worried because you are afraid of leaking.
You are not alone…
- Less Invasive than other SUI Treatments (Pessary, Bladder Lift, Mesh, Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy)
- A more natural option as the Filler is 99% water.
- It is a 20-minute procedure performed at the surgery center to keep you comfortable.
- Short anesthesia time (similar time to colonoscopy)
- Short recovery time. Get back to normal activities a few days later.
- A Reported 77% to 92% success rate over 7 years
- May be easily repeated if necessary.
If you are interested, please contact
our practice manager, April for more information about Bulkamid™!